Bonnie Glantz Fatell
|Wilmington, DE||v. +1.302.425.6423||f. +1.302.428.5110|
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5742||f. +1.302.428.5110|
For over 30 years, Bonnie Fatell has concentrated her practice on bankruptcy reorganizations, out-of-court restructurings, and related litigation. She represents parties in all aspects of bankruptcy, including:
- corporations in major Chapter 11 cases and reorganizations
- out-of-court workouts and corporate restructuring
- banking and commercial lending, including loan restructuring, debtor-in-possession financings, intercreditor relationships, and lender liability
- creditors’ rights and remedies
- counsel to creditors’ and equity committees
- strategic transactions and acquisitions
- investigations and related litigation
- post confirmation trustee
- Chapter 11 trustee
- Consumer Privacy Ombudsman
Clients say she has 'fantastic analytical skills and intellectual prowess; she grasps both the details and the larger
Ms. Fatell is recognized by Chambers USA as a leading bankruptcy lawyer. In the 2015 edition, Chambers commentators noted, "She knows how to solve problems effectively and is pleasant and smart." Chambers has also stated that “peers reserve particular acclaim for her expert command of the court and courtroom" and that clients say she is a "terrifically capable and enormously resourceful lawyer." Sources add that she is "thoughtful and easy to work with" and "brings a high degree of integrity, rationality and knowledge" to any case she is involved with.
Ms. Fatell was awarded “Lawyer of the Year” in 2014 by Best Lawyers® for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law in the Philadelphia region. Only one attorney in each practice area in a designated metropolitan region is honored as “Lawyer of the Year.” Attorneys are selected based on exhaustive peer reviews.
Ms. Fatell was selected as a recipient of the 2014 Women of Distinction award by the Philadelphia Business Journal. This prestigious award recognizes the Philadelphia region’s most dynamic women for their personal and professional accomplishments.
Ms. Fatell has been named to The International Who's Who of Insolvency & Restructuring Lawyers by Who's Who Legal since 2012. She has also been listed in The Best Lawyers in America© since 2006 for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law and Litigation - Bankruptcy in Philadelphia, and frequently recognized in Super Lawyers. In addition, she has received the highest possible rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Ms. Fatell is only the second practicing Delaware attorney to become a fellow of the prestigious American College of Bankruptcy. From 2008 to 2012, she served two terms as Regent of the American College of Bankruptcy for the Third Circuit.
She frequently lectures and writes on issues involving corporate restructuring and bankruptcy, and is a contributing author to Colliers Bankruptcy Forms Manual (3rd ed.). Most recently, in September 2015, Ms. Fatell spoke at the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges in Miami, Florida, on the panel "How to Utilize Mediation as an Effective Practice Tool."
From 2008 to 2013, Ms. Fatell served as chair of the Blank Rome Women's Forum.
- South & Headley Associates Ltd. as Chapter 11 Trustee
- Woodcrest Country Club as Chapter 11 Trustee in country club reorganization
- Consumer Privacy Ombudsman in: Coldwater Creek; Kid Brands Inc.; Revel AC, Inc.; dELiA*s, Inc.; and Naartjie Custom Kids
- Reichhold Holdings US, Inc. as Co-Counsel to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of international coatings and resin business
- Solyndra as counsel to the creditors' committee of a green energy developer and manufacturer of photovoltaic solar power systems having combined debt and equity obligations in excess of $1 billion including over $500 million owed to the U.S. Department of Energy
- Beacon Power as counsel to the creditors' committee to an alternative energy company that specializes in development, manufacture and deployment of flywheel based energy storage/frequency regulation equipment utilized in load equalization of power grid operations funded in part by the Department of Energy
- DBSI, Inc. chapter 11 case, as co-counsel to a non-debtor affiliate technology company in significant contract litigation
- SemCrude as co-counsel to creditors' committee of multi-billion dollar global companies providing midstream services to the energy industry, including gathering, transportation, storage, distribution and marketing services primarily to independent producers and refiners of petroleum products
- Unimarts as counsel to creditors' committee of regional owner/operator of convenience stores and gasoline stations in its Chapter 11
- New Century Financial as co-counsel to creditors' committee of second largest subprime mortgage lender in the country in its Chapter 11
- American Home Mortgage as co-counsel to creditors' committee of tenth largest subprime mortgage lender in the country in its Chapter 11
- USGen New England, Inc. as counsel to debtor in successful billion dollar reorganization of large electric wholesale generator; providing 100% plus interest recovery to creditors and significant return to equity
- LG Phillips Displays as co-counsel to unsecured creditors' committee in Chapter 11 case of television manufacturers
- ANC Rental Corp. (Alamo and National Car Rental) as co-counsel to debtors in billion-dollar reorganization of automobile rental company
- InaCom Corp. as counsel to creditors’ committee of billion-dollar internet "pipeline" business in its Chapter 11
- Northwest Airlines as co-counsel to airport commission to major hub involving multiple contracts and airport related transactions
- Delphi Corporation as counsel to essential supplier to international automotive parts distributor
- Fruit of the Loom as counsel to national provider of conventions, trade show, and special events services in litigation with Fruit of the Loom
- Merry-Go-Round Enterprises as counsel to creditors' committee for chain of 1400 store specialty fashion retailer
- Bill's Dollar Stores as counsel to creditors' committee for retail chain of 500 locations
- PC Landing as counsel to prospective bidder of transpacific fiberoptic network
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
The Chief Judge of the Third Circuit appointed Ms. Fatell to serve on the Merit Selection Committee for new Bankruptcy Judges in the District of Delaware. She is past Secretary of the Bankruptcy Law Section of the Delaware State Bar Association. Ms. Fatell is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, former Advisory Board member of the ABI Mid-Atlantic Conference, former chair of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference, and a member of the International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation.