Megan E. Spitz
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5745||f. +1.215.832.5745|
Megan Spitz concentrates her practice in intellectual property work including:
- comprehensive domestic and international trademark counseling
- prosecution of trademark and service mark applications before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- software and technology licensing and agreements, including development, hosting, software as a service, and other cloud-related agreements, including maintenance and support and service level agreements
- copyright counseling
- preparation of license agreements of trademarks, copyrights, and other intellectual property
- preparation and negotiation of technology transfer, assignment and confidentiality agreements
- preparation of electronic commerce contracts, disclaimers, and privacy statements
- intellectual property due diligence, mergers, and acquisitions, including providing counseling with respect to open source software issues
- counseling on select advertising matters, including substantiation, deceptive advertising, and testimonials and endorsements
Before joining Blank Rome, Ms. Spitz served as an intern for The Honorable Dolores K. Sloviter in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Before law school, she worked for Travelers Property Casualty Corp. as an associate account executive in its Special Liability Group.
- Negotiated and drafted agreements to obtain, protect, commercialize, and license technology and intellectual property, including software and data licenses, joint venture, collaboration, application service provider, software as a service, hosting, maintenance and support, disaster recovery, and source code escrow agreements.
- Negotiated and drafted publishing agreements and contracts related to online and print journals and books.
- Assisted in acquisition and sale of entities with respect to intellectual property and other intangible assets for software, manufacturing, and pharmaceutical companies, and e-commerce service providers.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Ms. Spitz is a volunteer for the