Lewis J. Hoch
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5542||f. +1.215.832.5542|
Lewis Hoch has been engaged in legal practice for 35 years. He maintains a general corporate practice with emphasis upon the following areas:
- transactional, regulatory, and compliance issues impacting cemeteries, funeral homes, and crematories
- mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- cross-border representations
- transactional and regulatory matters impacting healthcare suppliers, providers, and managed-care entities
- legal issues impacting charities and other nonprofit entities
In addition to his regular corporate practice, Mr. Hoch served as outside general counsel from 1999 until 2016 to StoneMor Partners L.P, a publicly traded company furnishing cemetery, funeral, and crematory services. During his tenure, StoneMor grew from a start-up to the second largest deathcare provider within the United States.
Prior to joining Blank Rome, Mr. Hoch served as general counsel to Genesis Health Ventures, a publicly traded company furnishing diversified healthcare services to seniors and as a partner in another major Philadelphia law firm.
- Cemetery and funeral home provider in the outsourcing of the operations of the diocesan cemeteries of the Philadelphia Archdiocese and a concurrent purchase of nine funeral homes, 12 cemeteries, and two crematories from Service Corporation International as part of an FTC ordered divestiture.
- Academic publisher in cross-border acquisitions of $90 million and $155 million and in the U.S. aspects of a $1.3 billion acquisition.
- A European manufacturer of innovative plastic packaging on purchase of U.S. operations and ongoing representation on U.S. issues including state assistance available incident to the start-up of U.S.-based manufacturing.
- As part of its healthcare reform initiative, advised the Department of Health for the U.K. central government on aspects of the U.S. healthcare system.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Hoch has written and lectured extensively in his fields. He is a member of the International Cemetery Cremation & Funeral Home Association.
Over the years, Mr. Hoch has donated time to many charities and has assisted them in addressing legal issues that are unique to nonprofit entities. Mr. Hoch currently serves as an adviser to the Nadine Hoch Fund, a charity established in memory of his late wife that supports mental health services throughout the greater Philadelphia area.
- AV Preeminent®, listed in Martindale-Hubbell®
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.