|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5762||f. +1.215.832.5762|
Mr. Schaedle is ranked by Chambers USA as a leading bankruptcy lawyer. Chambers notes he “has an excellent reputation for Chapter 11 cases." Clients say "he’s a main factor in our choosing this firm.” "Clients appreciate 'his ability to use his understanding of the bankruptcy code to formulate an excellent plan.'" Mr. Schaedle has also been identified in The Deal's list of top bankruptcy attorneys. The American Board of Certification has certified Mr. Schaedle as a Business Bankruptcy Specialist. He has received the highest possible rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Marco Polo Seatrade as counsel to unsecured creditors' committee in shipping line Chapter 11 case
- Centaur, LLC as counsel to unsecured creditors' committee in the Chapter 11 of a gaming business in reorganization
- Nova Biosource Fuels as counsel to biodiesel refining business in its Chapter 11
- Northeast Biofuels as counsel to ethanol business in its Chapter 11
- Mortgage Lenders Network as counsel to unsecured creditors' committee in the Chapter 11 of a subprime mortgage loan origination and servicing business
- USGen New England, Inc. as counsel to debtor in successful billion-dollar reorganization of large electric wholesale generator in New England, providing 100% plus interest recovery to creditors and significant return to equity
- TWA as counsel to unsecured creditors' committee in multi-billion dollar international airline Chapter 11
- Cajun Electric Power Cooperative as counsel to senior creditor in billion dollar utility reorganization
- Allegheny Health Education and Research Foundation as counsel to institutional pre-petition lender in Chapter 11 cases of hospital system
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
From time to time, Mr. Schaedle lectures on restructuring topics at Villanova Law School. He publishes on bankruptcy topics and has served as Editor to an American Bankruptcy Institute publication. He serves on the organizing committee for the Wharton Restructuring Competition.
Mr. Schaedle serves as a member of the Board of Trustees of the KIPP West Philadelphia Preparatory Charter School and is a member of the trustee executive committee for KIPP Philadelphia Schools. He is the Secretary of the Board of Trustees of the Mendelssohn Chorus of Philadelphia. Mr. Schaedle is a past President of the Board of Trustees of the Friends of the Free Library of Philadelphia and the past Vice President of the Board of Trustees for KIPP Philadelphia Schools.