Michael B. Schaedle
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5762||f. +1.215.832.5762|
Michael Schaedle concentrates his practice on bankruptcy, reorganizations and workouts, debt and equity restructuring, and commercial and public debt transactions, including secured creditors, creditors’ committees, debtors, plan-of-reorganization proponents, and asset purchasers.
| Clients appreciate 'his ability to use his understanding of the bankruptcy code to formulate an excellent plan.'
Mr. Schaedle is ranked by Chambers USA as a leading bankruptcy lawyer. Chambers sources praised his “very effective approach” to matters and also noted that he “has an excellent reputation for Chapter 11 cases.” Clients say he is “very tenacious and balanced” and “a main factor in our choosing this firm.” Clients further appreciate “his ability to use his understanding of the bankruptcy code to formulate an excellent plan” and call him “great and very knowledgeable.”
Mr. Schaedle is a member of the International Insolvency Institute, and has been certified as a Business Bankruptcy Specialist by the American Board of Certification.
- Energy Coal as counsel to foreign representative of Italian coal product wholesaler in its Chapter 15 case
- Marco Polo Seatrade as counsel to unsecured creditors’ committee in shipping line Chapter 11 case
- Daebo International Shipping as counsel to foreign representative of Korean bulk product shipping line in its Chapter 15 case
- Philadelphia Rittenhouse as counsel to senior secured lender in successfully obtaining dismissal of luxury condominium Chapter 11 and obtaining receiver
- Texas Competitive Electric Holdings as co-counsel to agent for first lien lenders
- North Texas Bancshares as co-counsel to unsecured creditors’ committee in bank holding company Chapter 11
- Centaur, LLC as counsel to unsecured creditors’ committee in the Chapter 11 of a gaming business in reorganization
- Nova Biosource Fuels as counsel to biodiesel refining business in its Chapter 11
- Mortgage Lenders Network as counsel to unsecured creditors’ committee in the Chapter 11 of a subprime mortgage loan origination and servicing business
- USGen New England, Inc. as counsel to debtor in successful billion-dollar reorganization of large electric wholesale generator in New England, providing 100% plus interest recovery to creditors and significant return to equity
- TWA as counsel to unsecured creditors’ committee in multi-billion dollar international airline Chapter 11
- Cajun Electric Power Cooperative as counsel to senior secured creditor in billion dollar utility reorganization
- Allegheny Health Education and Research Foundation as counsel to institutional pre-petition lender in Chapter 11 cases of hospital system
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Schaedle is a member of the 2016 faculty for the American Bankruptcy Institute’s (“ABI”) Complex Financial Restructuring Program. He serves on the advisory board for ABI’s 2016 “Views from the Bench” program at Georgetown University, and routinely publishes on bankruptcy topics, including previously serving as an editor to an ABI publication.
Additionally, Mr. Schaedle serves as the chair of the Board of Directors of KIPP Administrative Services Corporation. Mr. Schaedle is a past president of the Board of Trustees of the Friends of the Free Library of Philadelphia and the past vice chair of the Board of Trustees for KIPP Philadelphia Schools.
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring Law, listed in Chambers USA
- 2011–2017, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, listed in Best Lawyers in America©
- AV Preeminent®, listed in Martindale-Hubbell®
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.