Francis E. Dehel
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5532||f. +1.215.832.5532|
Frank Dehel advises public companies, businesses, boards of directors and entrepreneurs on a wide variety of corporate matters, including:
- SEC regulatory, reporting and compliance issues
- mergers, acquisitions and sales of public and private companies
- capital formation, including public offerings and private placements of debt and equity securities
- corporate governance matters
- general contract drafting and review, including joint venture, shareholder, license and employment agreements
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Dehel worked for the federal government as well as on two congressional staffs.
Mr. Dehel has received the highest possible rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Dehel is a frequent contributor to Blank Rome's Securities News Watch blog, which covers news and information on the JOBS Act, corporate governance, executive compensation, and securities matters.
Mr. Dehel co-authors Blank Rome's UP TO DATE: Current Developments in Securities Laws newsletter, which provides practice tips on corporate governance matters, follows SEC news and comment letter trends and covers information on the JOBS Act, executive compensation and investment adviser regulation.
GSI Commerce, Inc. (NASDAQ: GSIC), a leading provider of e-commerce and interactive marketing services, in a number of transactions, including:
- The $350 million acquisition of Retail Convergence Inc. (“RCI”), which operatesRueLaLa.com and SmartBargains.com.
- The $97.5 million acquisition of Accretive Commerce, Inc.
- A registered public underwritten offering of $232 million of common stock, including shares sold by the company and a large shareholder.
- Herley Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: HRLY) in its $270 million tender offer acquisition by Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ: KTOS), a national security solutions provider.
StoneMor Partners L.P. (NYSE: STON), the second largest publicly-traded cemetery company in the United States, in several transactions, including:
- The acquisition of three funeral homes and two crematory businesses in Oregon.
- The acquisition of assets of Meyer Industries, a vault manufacturing company based in Indiana.
- The acquisition of eight funeral homes, four cemeteries, and two cremation related facilities in Florida from Lohman Funeral Homes, Cemeteries and Cremation for an aggregate purchase price of $25 million.
- Rand Diversified Companies, a full-service contract packaging and at-retail marketing company, and its owners in the sale of the company’s assets to Menasha Packaging Company, a subsidiary of privately-held Menasha Corporation, a packaging, logistics and marketing services company.
- Lee Technologies Group, Inc., a service provider for data centers, in the sale of the company to Schneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management.
- $30 million private placement offering for banking service provider and holding company.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Dehel is a member of the Board of Trustees of Twin Oaks Community Services, a $65 million nonprofit mental health provider based in Burlington and Camden Counties, New Jersey. He is also the Chairman of Boy Scout Troop 109 in Philadelphia, of which he has been a member since 1967.